To be able to climb the cliffs, first, you need to exercise careful from low cliffs, easy climb, gradually rising, and rising levels more difficult. There are two ways to climb the cliff:
1. Climbing by your hand
2. Climbing by equipment
★ Climbing by your hand
When climbing a cliff with his hands, it is necessary that you have to have a physical toughness, a steadfast spirit … And most importantly, you must know how to balance your body. This is a combination of the practice of human balance and prudence wiring of removing landmines.
Here are the basics of rock climbing techniques
• Know the terrain overall study to choose a best route
• Your limbs should always have three points of contact with the rock (2 hand a foot or two feet one hand).
• When climbing with his bare hands, do not wear gloves, but when climbing with ropes, they must bear in order to avoid bulging Dop hand.
• Body weight is located in the center of the foot. Feet bear the entire weight of the body, balancing arm.
• Stand exposed cliffs shine as much as possible. Do not just stick at the edge of the tip shoes or boots.
• When a break, how to hold the position where the grip of the hands horizontally with his chest. Because with this posture, the body you easily keep his balance at will, while the hands are resting up.
• Avoid close contact make up the cliff (because in this position, you are prone to slip and fall), which should keep the gravity and the weight between your feet.
• Move slowly, rhythmically, weigh, relax …
• Bar Available on the expected route of the next step, and trying to move in that step.
• Leverage the sticking point for the hands, the feet fulcrum available in nature.
• Avoid reaching, beyond the distance that ended with mango posture as bird limbs.
• When climbing up or down a narrow cliff, wells, caves and small … you must know how to use the butt, back, legs, arms, shoulder, knee …
★ THINGS TO REMEMBER:
• The slim safety, you should not exceed the limit daring his ability.
• Must use dedicated wires, the right size, the right way.
• Do not hug on cliff
• Breastplates try the stone mound before placing the whole weight up.
• Do not remove the stone mound has the link
• Do not use the knee, elbow, buttocks … (unless you climb the narrow ravine …)
• Do not climb alone.
• Do not jump reporters, shooting stick suddenly.
• Avoid places with moss-covered rocks, wet
• Wipe clean shoe soles for climbing before.
• Do not use the trees as limbs sticking point.
• Do not swing with vines, twigs, grass …
• Do not wear gloves while climbing.
• Remove all jewelry, watches, rings … before climbing.
★ LEO WHEN AVAILABLE FACILITIES
When equipped with rock climbing, despite the sluggish and flexibility of the glass has more, but safer.
Technically, it is essentially the same as climbing with his bare hands, but we also have to know how to use the rope, the piston (wedge play), chock (holster wedge, wedge insert), hammer hiking …
Piton (wedge close)
Piton is an instrument used to play in the crevices of rocks, climbing rope to put in, adding to the safety of the climber. There are many types of piston like: Vertical, Horizontal, Angle, Wafer … Each type for a location and different terrain.
When closed plug in a suitable location, the piston can withstand a pulling force of more than 100 pounds of lead (45kg) for the piston, Wafer, and 2000 pounds (900 kg) for the piston, Angle …
Piton has advantages over chock (wedge inserts) can maneuver all directions and easy to figure out where to play. It is often combined with piston rings oval carabiner (snaplink) for convenience in usage.
When choosing the appropriate location to close the piston, you must learn about the nature of stone. Listening to the sound reverberating off the stone, when using a hammer to tap test. If the sound is high and the ice well, can play a piston. If bass and rock chisel is soft, fragile, do not play. In addition, you must know how to choose the right place and put in place appropriate for each type of piston is effective.
Pluck the piston:
You can pluck the piston to recover, using hammer to fight off climbing hit until the liquid piston, then take the hammer straps make a noose button to spit out.
Remember: Do not use a used piston (second hand) or was luck picking, bending back, with spotless … very dangerous for climbers.
Hammer piston (piston, hammer)
hammer hammer piston is kind dedicated climbers, used to:
– Close and pulling the piston
– Try properties of rocks
– Create fissures in rock
– Type clean dirty patches (not used to hook, stick …)
Chock (Season insert)
This is an instrument that will be used as the piston, used to support the athletes climbing. But instead of closing in interstitial stone as the piston, the chock back holster insert the appropriate rocks (slot or slots in the V-shaped small … large external) There are many types chock as: Hexagoanl, Wired Stoppers, Cammed Chock … every kind there are many different sizes.
Advantages of the chock is easy to insert holster, easy disassembly for recovery and safety. But the drawback is difficult to find the appropriate slot.
Summary: Although the cliff is a dangerous and difficult obstacles overcome, but if you have trained and equipped, it has overcome.